Dates: June 27, 28, 29, 30, & July 1, 2016
Factors Effecting Mathematics Learning:
• Cognitive Development and Mathematics Learning
• Mathematics Learning Personality
• Mathematics as a Second Language
• Levels of Knowing Mathematics Learning
• Prerequisite Skills and Mathematics Learning
Etiology of Mathematics Learning Problems:
• Carryover Problems in Mathematics
• Language Related Mathematics Learning Problems
• Developmental Mathematics Learning Disabilities: Dyscalculia / Acalculia / Anarithmetia / Dysgraphia
• Mathematics Anxiety
• Assessment and Diagnosis of Mathematics Learning Problems / Disabilities
• Developmental Learning Disabilities in Mathematics
Key Concepts, Skills and Procedures in Mathematics:
• Number Conceptualization, Number Relationships and Procedures
• Representing Numbers: Place Value and its Forms
• Fractions: Representation, Forms, Operations and Applications
• Integers and Operations
• Spatial Sense and Geometric Thinking
• Algebraic Thinking
Instructional / Remedial Models:
• Characteristics of Instructional Models
• A Model for Remediation: Vertical Acceleration
• A Lesson Plan for Instruction / Remediation
Teachers will have the opportunity to work with students in order to immediately implement strategies.
$895. Includes refreshments, lunch and handouts. Payment is made to The Reading Institute.
3 Graduate Credits are available for an additional $150. Payment is made to the College on the first day of class.
67.5 Professional Development Points
Handouts will be provided.
Register Early - Limited Enrollment
The Reading Institute
430 Main Street
Williamstown, MA 01267
June 2, 2016
Cancel 10 days prior to training and receive a refund minus a $50 service charge. No refund for cancellations made within 10 days of the training.
Substitutions may be made. Please notify The Reading Institute, Inc. with the name of the alternate participant in advance.
Confirmation and directions will be mailed to each participant. You are not registered unless you receive a confirmation letter.
Reservations need to be made directly with the hotels. A lodging list will be sent with your confirmation. Specify you are with The Reading Institute when making reservations. Be sure to make lodging reservations early for best selection.
Professor Mahesh Sharma is the Former president of Mathematics Education at Cambridge College. He is the founder and president of the Center for Teaching/ Learning of Mathematics, Inc., of Framingham, MA. Internationally known for his groundbreaking work in Mathematics education, he is an author, teacher, and teacher-trainer, researcher, consultant to public and private schools, as well as a public lecturer. He still provides direct service of evaluation and tutoring for students (children as well as adults) who have learning disabilities or face difficulties in mathematics. He works with teachers and school administrators to design strategies to improve mathematics instruction for all.