SEI MTEL Prep Training
This training does not provide SEI endorsement. Information is presented over three mornings in sessions (four hours each) delivered through lecture and experiential learning. The scope and sequence of this training affords the participants an overview of the SEI/RETELL objectives as designated in the Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL). This overview affords participants an introduction to the sub areas assessed including the following:
I. The World of English Language Learners and Their Teachers
II. Teaching Language and Sheltering Content in the Classroom
III. Literacy and Standards-Based Content Teaching for English Language Learners
IV. Integration of Knowledge and Understanding
After completing the training, students will be able to:
- create an action plan for preparing to take the MTEL examination.
- assess their knowledge of legislation at the state and federal level that impacts the teaching and learning of ELLs.
- assess their knowledge of primary and secondary language acquisition.
- assess their knowledge of designing learning experiences in literacy defined as listening, speaking, reading, writing, and thinking.
- assess their knowledge of differentiating instruction respecting the needs of all students.
- assess their ability to target learning through integration of language objectives while teaching content.
K-12 MA core academic teachers
July 18, 19, 20, 2017
9:00AM – 1:00PM (no lunch break)
$295 (Payment is made to The Reading Institute.)
12 Professional Development Points
Digital handouts will be distributed
The Orchards, 222 Adams Road, Williamstown, MA 01267
June 29, 2017
Cancellation 10 days prior to the training: refund minus $50 service charge. Cancellation within 10 days of training: no refund.
Substitutions may be made. Please notify The Reading Institute with the name of the alternate participant in advance.
Confirmations and directions will be mailed to each participant. You are not registered unless you receive a confirmation letter.
Reservations need to be made directly with the hotels. A lodging list will be sent with your confirmation. Specify you are with The Reading Institute when making reservations. Be sure to make lodging reservations early for best selection.